Tasty Mexican Chicken Dish
Spicy Mexican Chicken Recipe – Deliciously Traditional and Easy All-In-One Pot Meal
Here is a traditional Mexican chicken recipe that is so easy-to-make that the great results will fool you. This type of cooking is straight from the Western ranges, where dishes were prepared over an open fire in cast-iron pots.
Fresh vegetables and hot chiles melting in with the delicious chicken make a delicious all-in-one pot meal. There is nothing tame about this recipe, so scale back on the jalapenos if you need to.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Young broiler-fryer chicken (2 to 2 1/2-pounds), cut into pieces for frying
- 2 medium yellow crookneck squash, cut in long, thin strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in long, thin strips
- 1 large bell pepper or poblano chile, cut into long, thin strips
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, very thinly sliced crosswise
- Chicken broth or water, if needed
- Chopped fresh jalapeno peppers, if desired
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy pot. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down, and cook until browned. Begin layering on the crookneck squash, zucchini, bell or poblano pepper, corn, tomatoes, and onions. Sprinkle with garlic and sliced jalapenos.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, checking occasionally. If the liquid is very low or has begun to dry up, add some chicken broth or water. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer, or until the chicken and the vegetables are tender. Do not overcook, as everything could begin to get mushy.
- Serve this dish family-style on a warm platter, with the chicken in the middle, and surrounded by all of the vegetables. Serve with fresh jalapeno strips for those who cannot seem to get enough heat in their meal. Makes 4 servings of this down-home fiery Mexican chicken.
Billy Bristol is the writer and editor for Spicy Cooking, a website devoted to hot spices, spicy foods, blazing cooking, the hottest cuisines around the world, and “knock-your-socks-off fiery hot recipes that all chile-heads and chili-head wannabes will love. Spicy Cooking will fire up taste buds and scorch your plate…Guaranteed.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3005305
Related-Searches: Mexican chicken marinade, Mexican chicken recipe, shredded chicken sandwich recipe, Mexican chicken casserole with Doritos, Mexican chicken with Doritos, Mexican chicken rice casserole, Mexican chicken breast, healthy Mexican chicken casserole, shredded chicken tacos slow cooker, Mexican chicken casserole recipe, healthy Mexican chicken recipes, baked Mexican chicken breast recipes, chicken rice dinner, Mexican chicken casserole with corn tortillas, Mexican chicken burrito recipe, Mexican shredded chicken slow cooker, shredded chicken pasta recipes, Mexican chicken recipes slow cooker, taste of home Mexican chicken lasagna