Healthy Grilled Chicken Recipes
A Delicious Whole Chicken Recipe For the Grill
Healthy Grilled Chicken Recipes. I don’t know about you, but when it’s summertime, I just want to grill every day! There’s nothing quite like a lazy weekend day spent sitting around the grill with friends and having a beer (or perhaps more…).
What I like about grilling is that it is so easy to eat healthily. A meal of grilled meat and shish-kebab vegetables is about as nutritious as it gets, and you just can’t beat the taste.
Here’s a recipe for grilling a whole chicken. I like buying the whole bird because it is cheaper than buying all the pieces, and there’s just something about throwing the whole thing on the grill that brings out my inner caveman. This whole chicken recipe is simple, yet delicious. And I will give you a couple of tips on how to vary things up at the end.
- Whole chicken (as many as you can fit on the grill)
- Salt and pepper
- Set your grill up for indirect heating. If you have an electric or gas grill, set it to 400 degrees F. If you have a charcoal grill (the best choice), then once the coals are red hot and are covered with ash, separate them into two piles on either end of the grill.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Cover inside and out with salt and pepper. Roll the lemon on your countertop to break up the cells of juice inside. Stab all over with a knife and place in the chicken’s cavity.
- Place the chicken face up in the middle of the grill and cover. Let it grill for at least an hour.
- The chicken is done when the temperature in the thigh is 180 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill and let sit a few minutes before carving.
If you want to add a little pizazz to this whole chicken recipe, here are some variations you can do:
- Insert chopped onion, garlic cloves, and herbs such as rosemary, parsley, and thyme into the chicken’s cavity for more flavor.
- Marinade the chicken overnight in a mixture of olive oil, white wine, and herbs to tenderize the meat and keep it juicy. You can continue to marinate on the grill by brushing this mixture on the bird occasionally.
- Use some barbecue dry rub on the outside of the chicken before putting it on the grill.
With this recipe and variations, you will be ready to dominate any cookout this summer!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4735667
Related-Searches: grilled chicken thighs , grilled chicken seasoning, best grilled chicken recipe, healthy grilled chicken recipes, grilled chicken temp, grilled chicken near me, Related-Searches: spicy chicken marinade, marinated chicken, chicken marinade healthy, simple marinade for chicken, chicken marinade lemon, grilled chicken wings recipe, crispy grilled chicken wings, how to grill chicken wings on charcoal grill, grilled chicken wings near me, buffalo chicken wings recipe, bbq chicken wings recipe, grilled chicken thighs, grilled chicken seasoning, best grilled chicken recipe, healthy grilled chicken recipes, grilled chicken temp, grilled chicken near me
Healthy Grilled Chicken Recipes Video