Healthy Avocado Recipe
Healthy and Yummy Avocado Recipes
Healthy Avocado Recipe. I seriously love avocados. It’s creamy delicious and nutritious. They can be eaten on its own as a fruit snack, or be made into a salad, a dip, a soup, a dessert or a tasty addition to a superb dish. Avocados are rich in monosaturated fats, potassium, and fiber and are known to help reduce cholesterol levels. You can count on avocados to be healthy and fit and to taste super scrumptious. What’s not to love about avocados?
If you are looking for a healthy alternative recipe using avocados, then this delightful veggie sandwich might be the one you are looking for. It is simple, easy to prepare and takes just a few minutes to make. This Vegetable and Avocado Sandwich is great for on the go preps. Read also: Avocado Salad with Shrimp
Vegetable and Avocado Sandwich
- 4 pieces of English muffins, split and toasted (or whole wheat bread)
- 1 piece avocado, mashed (medium-sized)
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 small piece of tomato, chopped
- 1 small piece sweet onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons low-fat Ranch-style salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to broil, about 200 degrees.
- On each split of a muffin, spread your mashed Avocados, topped with Alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, onions, salad dressing, and sesame seeds.
- Place the sandwich under the broiler for about a minute or two.
How about some amazing, healthy guacamole? You don’t need to go to a Mexican restaurant to enjoy it.
- 4 small avocados
- lime or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/4 chopped white onion (or more if you like onion)
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped optional*
- Cut avocados lengthwise, and scoop out inside with a spoon, removing the pit. Mash avocados in a small bowl, but leave them a little chunky.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Serve immediately. If you need to wait before serving, leave one of the avocado pits in the guacamole, and cover tightly. This keeps it from getting brown. Read also: Easy Guacamole Recipe
Another great recipe is some avocado dessert. Yummers!
- 2/3 avocado
- ½ banana (cut into slices)
- 2/3 tbsp raw sugar
- ¼ lemon (cut into half)
- Lemon juice optional*
- Cut the avocados into half and remove the skin and seed
- In a bowl, put the avocados and bananas and lightly mash them up
- Add raw sugar and squeeze the lemon juice
- Mix well
- Add extra sugar or lemon juice to taste.
- Chill in a fridge for about 15-20 minutes (until it’s getting cold).
Enjoy your recipes and happy eating.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6538178
Related-Searches: shrimp salad with avocado, avocado salad with shrimp, Mexican avocado salad, avocado salad barefoot contessa, avocado lettuce salad, avocado salad near me, avocado and tomato salad with lime, tasty recipes salad, healthy avocado recipe, avocado toast recipe, best avocado recipes, avocado recipes vegetarian, avocado recipes indian, avocado recipes guacamole, avocado recipes breakfast, easy avocado recipes, avocado and egg recipes, avocado pasta recipes, avocado recipes vegetarian, avocado toast vegan, avocado juice recipes, avocado toast gwyneth paltrow, avocado recipes salad, healthy avocado smoothie recipes, healthy avocado recipes breakfast, healthy avocado salad recipes