Cajun Shrimp Recipe Boiling Crab
How To Boil Seafood The Cajun Way
Cajun Shrimp Recipe Boiling Crab. In Louisiana, seafood is the #1 choice for a weekend gets together. No matter if it’s crabs, crawfish, or shrimp, We love them all. It all goes good with crackers and homemade dip. Now let’s get to the steps so you can start enjoying delicious seafood.
1. Crab Burner, propane bottle and a nice size boiling pot. (80 Quarts recommended for about 10 people)
2. 1lbbag of zatarains crab boil
3. 1 small bottle of liquid crab boil
4. 1 bottle of hot sauce
5. 1 bag of celery
6. 5 lbs of smoked sausage
7. 2 packs of hot dogs
8. 6 onions cut into halves
9. 6 whole lemons cut in halves
10. 1 5lb bag of potatoes
11. 10lb bag of ice
Read also: Shrimp Recipes Grilled
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is to make sure everything is hooked up.
Place the crab burner on a level surface.
2. Place the pot on the burner and then put about 6 inches of water in the pot.
3. Get a lighter and light the burner and turn the flame all the way up.
4. Put about 3/4 of the bag of Zatarain’s crab boil, then add the bottle
of hot sauce, liquid crab boil, and all the veggies. Do not put potatoes in yet.
5. When the water starts boiling put the potatoes in the pot, boil for five minutes and
then add the sausage and hot dogs.
Crabs boil for 15 minutes, so you can add the crabs with the potatoes.
Crawfish boil for 7 minutes, so boil the potatoes for 3 minutes, then add the sausage and keep boiling for another 5 minutes and finally add the crawfish and when the water comes back to a boil, time it for 7 minutes. Read also: Grilled Seafood Recipes
Shrimp only boil for 3 minutes no longer, or the shell will stick to the meat. To cook shrimp, you want to boil your potatoes for 5 minutes. Then add the sausage and continue boiling for 7 minutes, lastly add the shrimp. When the water comes back to a boil be sure to time for exactly 3 minutes and then turn the fire off and add a 10lb bag of ice in the hot water. That helps break the shell from the meat. Same goes for the crayfish add ice after you turn the fire off.
So if you follow this instruction you will have perfectly boil seafood. Everybody will be smelling it from down the street. your friends and family will be sitting at the table drooling. They will be waiting to wrap their lips around the hot boil seafood.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5534379
Related-Searches to Cajun shrimp recipe boiling crab: Cajun shrimp and grits, cajun shrimp, cajun shrimp pasta, cajun shrimp pasta with spinach, cajun shrimp pasta near me, cajun shrimp pasta Applebees, garlic shrimp scampi pasta, shrimp pasta recipes red sauce, cajun shrimp and grits with andouille sausage, creamy shrimp and grits with bacon, easy creole recipe