Healthy Omelette Recipe
Healthy Vegetarian Recipes – The Delicious Vegetable Omelette
Healthy Omelette Recipe. Being vegetarian is not only healthy but can be exciting because you get to prepare all these great meals that you normally wouldn’t. Vegetable omelet and quesadillas are two vegetarian meals that delicious and easy to prepare.
Below are the recipes:
1. Vegetable Omelette
The best way to make a perfect omelet is to make it in a really good skillet. Non-stick is the best but not the only choice. You can use stainless steel, plain or enameled iron or treated aluminum. I like to serve omelets with 2 slices of 12-grain bread.
o 2 eggs
o 3 tbsp milk
o Big pinch of salt
o Big pinch of black pepper
o 1 tbsp butter
o ¼ cup green bell pepper
o ¼ cup red bell pepper
o ¼ cup onion
o Grated cheese to taste (optional)
– In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs, salt, pepper, green and red pepper, and onion with a fork until blended; do not over mix. Read also: Omelette Recipe Easy
– Melt the butter in a 7 to 8-inch pan over medium-high heat. Make sure the butter covers the base of the pan (you can do this by tilting the pan). When the foam has subsided, pour in the egg mixture.
– Tilt the pan again to make sure that the eggs run around the entire base of the pan and a little onto its sides. Let the eggs set for at least 45 seconds before flipping, do the same for the other side.
– Once done, transfer onto a plate and sprinkle grated cheese on top, if using, and serve immediately.
Stored in a sealed container in the fridge, before fried, they will keep for 1 day.
o 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar, grated
o 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
o 6 ten-inch flour
o 3 tbsp unsalted butter
– In a small bowl, toss cheese together, using your hands. On top of a cutting board, place 3 tortillas beside one another and leaving an edge, about 1 inch thick, evenly divide the cheese mixture between all three of the tortillas.
– In a non-stick skillet, melt ½ tbsp of the butter over medium heat. Place the other 3 tortillas over the ones coated with cheese. Add one filled tortilla to the pan and fry until both sides turn a golden-brown color. Once done, add another ½ tbsp of butter and repeat for the next 2 filled tortillas.
– Once done frying, place onto paper towels and pat dry. Cut fried tortillas into eighths, place onto individual plates and serve immediately.
Makes 24 wedges
Check these pictures below for getting more inspirations about healthy omelet recipe.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1757743
Related-Searches: healthy omelette fillings, healthy omelette with spinach, healthy vegetable omelette, is an omelette healthy for dinner, healthy chicken omelette recipe, healthy omelette recipes bodybuilding, healthy omelette recipe UK, healthy omelette slimming world, Spanish omelette recipes, healthy omelette recipe, omelette fillings, vegetable omelette recipe, French omelette recipe, ham and cheese omelette recipe, Indian omelette recipe, different omelette recipes