Breaded Baked Pork Chops
Baked Pork Chop Recipes – Keeping it Yummy
Breaded Baked Pork Chops. Ever thought about the benefits of baked pork chop recipes? Limiting fried foods can benefit the body in so many ways. Whether you are trying to lose a few pounds or lower cholesterol, limiting fried foods can assist you in accomplishing your goal.
Baking pork chops is a great alternative to frying. There is less mess, less fat, less cholesterol, etc.. Most people have come around to the idea of baking fish and chicken. However, pork chops are often still fried. For some reason, many people assume that a pork chop cannot be tasty if it’s not fried.
Well, hold on to your kitchen mitts…there are some really great baked pork chop recipes out there. Here is one to get you started. Read also: Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinade
6 -½ inch thick center cut pork chops
½ cup of dried breadcrumbs (Italian breed, white bread, French bread; whichever you like.)
¾ cup of cornflakes or corn Chex
1 egg separated
1 cup of fat-free evaporated milk
5 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of oregano
½ tsp of garlic powder
½ tsp of salt
½ tsp of black pepper
¼ tsp red pepper
1 tablespoon of fine parmesan cheese
1/3 tsp of olive oil
Putting It Together
- Step One: Wash pork chops- (don’t forget to do this for any of your baked pork chop recipes.)
- Step Two: Trim any excess fat from the pork chops.
- Step Three: Only use the egg white from the separated egg. Beat egg white and evaporated milk for 1 minute.
- Step Four: Place pork chops in the milk mixture and set aside. Make sure that pork chops are completely submerged in the milk mixture.
- Step Five: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Step Six: Finely crumble bread crumbs in second large bowl.
- Step Seven: Crush cornflakes until they are very fine and add to bowl.
- Step Eight: Add salt, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, parmesan cheese, and red pepper to the bowl.
- Step Nine: Lightly grease a glass or metal nonstick 13 by a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Step Ten: When an oven is preheated, remove the pork chops from the milk mixture.
- Step Eleven: Dip each one in the crumb and spice mixture. Coat both sides thoroughly.
- Step Twelve: In a single layer, place pork chops in the baking dish
- Step Thirteen: Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Step Fourteen: Turn pork chops and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Serve over a bed of rice or couscous. Then, add a steamed green vegetable like asparagus or broccoli. If you want to reduce the fat content further, exchange the baking dish for a roasting pan with slats. The fat will drip through the slats and collect in the bottom of the pan. Remember, to still grease the roasting pan with olive oil to prevent sticking. Read: Marinate Pork Chops
This recipe has about 250 calories and only has 65 g of cholesterol. Of course, this is just one of the many tasty baked pork chop recipes out there. Get creative, and have a healthy and tasty pork chop meal.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1658922
Related-Searches: pork chop recipes oven, best pork chop recipes, bone-in pork chop recipes, baked boneless pork chop recipes, easy pork chop recipes, fried pork chop recipes, easy boneless pork chop recipes, pork chop recipes slow cooker, breaded baked pork chops, simple pork chop marinade