Pancakes Recipe Homemade
Pancakes – Simple Pancake Recipe
Pancakes Recipe Homemade. A pancake is a thin, flat cake, made of batter and fried in a pan. They are made from a pancake recipe containing sugar, fat, butter and eggs because such foods were forbidden during the ritual fasting associated with Lent. Pancakes are eaten in the United Kingdom and many other countries on this day, whilst in other parts of the world Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday is also known as Tuesday of Carnival or Mardi Gras French for “Fat Tuesday”.
Shrove Tuesday always falls 47 days before Easter Sunday and is based on the cycle of the moon. Thus the date can vary from as early as 03 February to as late as the 09 March. Read also: Cream Cheese Cake Recipes
Simple Pancake Recipe –
Ingredients: (making about 8 pancakes)
(100g) 4oz plain flour.
Pinch of salt (half teaspoon)
(250ml) half a pint of milk.
1 medium/large egg.
Making the Batter
1. Start by sifting the flour and salt together into a mixing bowl.
2. Make a small hollow in the center of the mixture and pour in the egg.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients, egg and about one-quarter of the milk.
4. Beat well with a hand whisk; gradually adding in the remainder of the milk until bubbles become visible in the mixture. – Mixtures can vary so add a little water if your mixture is too thick.
5. You now have your Pancake batter!
6. Pour batter into a jug and place in a cool place until you are ready to use. Remember to always whisk the batter just before using it. Read also: Homemade Cake Recipes Coffee
Making the Pancakes
1. Heat the frying pan, using just enough oil/fat to give a melted greasy surface over the base of the pan.
2. When the greased pan begins to smoke slightly, stir and pour in enough batter to thinly cover the bottom of the pan, – tilting the pan to help the batter spread evenly over the base of the pan.
3. Cook steadily for 1½ to 2 minutes or until nicely golden brown on the bottom. (The pancake should move easily in the pan when cooked).
4. Toss or turn the pancake using a wooden spatula and cook until golden brown.
5. Repeat to make the rest of the pancakes.
6. The cooked pancakes can be kept hot on an uncovered dish in a low oven or over a pan of hot water. Read also: Pancake Recipe Easy
Serve hot with sugar and lemon juice; maple syrup/chocolate sauce and cream or any topping of your choice.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil or melted butter to the batter, this gives a crisper result and can prevent the pancake from sticking to the pan
Pancakes can be frozen. Separate with greaseproof paper and pack in a large freezer bags and use within 3 months.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6032516