Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe
Easy Chocolate Cake Roll
Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe. Here is a recipe that my family loves. I like to add some variety to this roll by sprinkling white chocolate chips on the whipped topping before I roll it up. Hopefully, you and your family love this so much too.
Easy Chocolate Cake Roll
1/3 cup cake flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, separated
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Making the cake
1. preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Grease and flour lined pan; tap out excess. (*NOTE: If you don’t have a 15 x 10 in. pan you can use an 11 x 16 pan. I don’t have a 15 x 10 in. so I use a 11 x 16 in. air bake pan, you need to be sure to spread the batter evenly if you use this size.) Read also: Homemade Cake Recipes Chocolate
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
3. In a small bowl, using clean beaters, (this is important!) beat egg whites on high until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff/ peaks form, but not dry.
4. Fold 1/3 beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture. alternately fold in remaining whites and flour mixture. Pour batter in pan; smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
Rolling and Filling Cake
1. Dust a clean cloth with remaining sugar. (*NOTE The more sugar you spread over the cloth the easier it will be to get the cake off it later. Also trimming the cake removes the crusted edges so it’s easier to roll.) Turn cake out onto prepared cloth; remove waxed paper. Trim the cake edges with a scissors. Read also: Brownies Recipe Easy
2. Starting with a long side, tightly roll up cake with cloth. Transfer cake, seam side down, to a wire rack to cool.
3. Unroll cake; remove cloth. Spread whipped topping over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Re-roll cake; place seam-side down on a plate. Dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
Place cake in freezer 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve for easier slicing. Use a large serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion to cut the cake cleanly.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/310533